Saturday 31 December 2011

End of 2011

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I got my first brand new brand, tried my hand at programming and went to my first convention and music festival! I also started going 'out out'. Oh and started my pony collection ♥

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any from what I can remember. For next year I intend to exercise more and try to eat less rubbish, with a view to lose 5lbs or so and lose my jiggly bottom (I want to fit into my purple jeans again!).

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin did, but we aren't close since she started popping out sprogs.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Both of my cats and my Momo-ham.

5. What countries did you visit?
...England. Oh and Wales last month.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A sense of purpose. I just feel like my life is going nowhere at the moment, and I'm clinging onto things I ought to have let go of a long time ago.

7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
None spring to mind.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not failing my Biology module! I thought it was a sure thing, but I scraped a passing grade. I also got my original dream print, Swan Lake!

9. What was your biggest failure?
Oh just about everything else haha.

10. Were you seriously ill during 2011?
Nope. I did have a two-week sore throat though which was pretty darned annoying.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
That's a hard one! Errrr probably Wonder Story.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
*shrug*

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I'd rather not go into that, thanks.

14. Where did most of your money go?
LOLITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

15. What did you get excited about?
Hyper Japan, Reading Festival, seeing Frank Turner.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Nothing in particular, but I guess that Life Goes On song by Noah and the Whale since everyone kept singing it all the time.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? A bit happier I suppose, I HAVE SOME FRIENDS *boogie*
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Studying. Even though I did tons, but it didn't bloody pay off and all the lazy sods got better grades than me.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating.

20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
Same as usual, roast for lunch with Dad's family and over Nan's in the evening. Came home earlier though this year and didn't get drunk, just had a couple glasses of bucks fizz and a jagerbomb.

21. How many one night stands?
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAH no. I would never have one coz I think it's gross =P And yeah, suffice to say that's not really my area.

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
A little *shoots self*

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Um not really, but my contempt has grown.

24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Sherlock! Finally get season 2 tomorrow *me gusta*

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Frank Turner.

26. What was the best book you read?
I haven't read anything new that I can think of...Missin' maybe? Yeah I think I got that this year. It's by Novala Takemoto

27. Are you happy with your lot?
No. But I know I should be.

28. What did you want and get?
Clothes.

29. What did you want and NOT get?
Happiness. Respect.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Tangled.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I did sod all like every other year. I turned 20.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
To feel like I fit in. I love my friends, but I just feel like I don't belong there, as if I'm annoying them. I know it's just paranoia, but I can't shake it yet.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Swinging between pink frills and casual clothes in teal, although I've moved towards richer colours now.

34. What kept you sane?
Food, probably!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Frank Turner. He isn't the most handsome, but he has such a cute smile and crinkly eyes and just seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The whole AV thing. It should have been passed, and only wasn't because the public are too stupid to bother trying to understand it. And whenever the Americans killed people and bragged about it...such poor taste.

37. Who did you miss?
My friends from school. Even though we stopped being friends like 5 years ago =[

38. Who were the best new people you met?
All the lolita-chans! I wouldn't want to list at risk of missing someone out, but you all know who you are. And Loulou, of course.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
To stand up for myself. I won't be walked over any more because I'm so fucking disgusted at what I've allowed people to do to me without my consent.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
So why are you sat at home?
You're not designed to be alone
You just got used to saying "no"
So get up and get down and get outside
Cos it's a lovely sunny day
But you hide yourself away
You've only got yourself to blame
Get up and get down and get outside

No comments:

Post a Comment