Sunday 7 April 2013

Day Dream Carnival

Pretty behind on blogging, but thought I'd crank out a quick post while drinking my cuppa before dashing off to the library!

So the new(ish) Angelic Pretty print Day Dream Carnival has been causing a bit of a stir in the lolita community, and it's easy to see why. I love this print so much! I've had people say they thought of me when they saw it too, which is sweet. I guess it's due to the similarities with Sugary Carnival - it's very similar but much more mature in style, which I love as it's one direction I'd like to take with my style.


Choosing between styles was difficult though! Although for me colour was always going to be black as I don't wear colour so much any more. I do love sax and lilac though (ivory is too yellowy for my tastes). The headwear options weren't so difficult...


I think the bonnet looks silly, and I don't see how it costs so much when it's just a teeny bit of organza! I'm not a huge fan of the headbow either (not enough colour), but I figured I'd pick one up anyway.

The OP:


I think this is gorgeous, and I so nearly ordered it. But I don't think I could vary coords with it all that much, and I'd worry about my arms fitting those gorgeous sleeves. I also dislike the gold triangle lace, it looks less tacky in real life but still pretty nasty haha.

JSKs:


Originally I had wanted the tier one due to that lovely organza layer, but then I realised it was tier. I've never been a fan of tiered pieces, the shape just seems a little awkward to me and that lace look tacky to me as well, but I'm not keen on fully-shirred backs. The second version I only rejected as there isn't enough detail in the mid-section - I feel it should have some gold in there like the OP does. The back section is gorgeous though, with organza ribbons! I'd worry about how they'd hold up though, and the low back may not be flattering on everyone.

Salopette:


I'm pretty gutted about this, if I'm honest. The skirt section is gorgeous. If it had been a miniskirt I'd have snapped it up instantly, no need to stop and think. But sadly salopettes just seem inherently awkward somehow. I may search for one in future though once I've seen more worn photos, if it looks cute!

Skirt:


This is what I went for in the end. I'd rather it had a bow rather than that odd brooch, but I should be able to make varied coords at least. Plus I'll have two black carnival skirts when it arrives! I think black is the least popular colourway and skirt was the least popular piece, but that may work out in my favour far in future as less interest means less orders, so it'll be more limited in quantiity ;P haha but not really.

It's a shame I couldn't combine all the aspects I liked into one super dress really! There are so many things about this series that I adore but all the pieces had something off about them. Once my skirt arrives I'll endeavour to make an over-layer from organza like the tiered JSK has though, as once it's made I can use it for any piece I own.

The only let down is that they aren't remaking the cute little ankle socks or the tights for this series. I don't think they're making the totes again either (but they were over 5000 yen anyway).



I placed my order with AP international this morning, but it's also available direct in Japan (if you want to use an SS) and on the USA site. Since it's made to order they won't be sent out until September, but there's only about a week left to order one, so get on it if you wanted it!

1 comment:

  1. I had a hard time choosing which piece I wanted too because there were aspects of each one that I really liked. I can't wait to see your coord when you get it!

    ReplyDelete