Wednesday 9 October 2013

Jim Lockey & the Solemn Sun

Last week I saw JL&tSS again in Bristol! The gig was originally supposed to be in the Louisiana again but was moved to the Exchange due to popular demand. We got lost finding the venue, but somehow we didn't miss anything! I also felt stupid coz I was talking about Oxygen Thief and then realised that he was stood right next to us at the time...*cringe* Also I only had my phone for photos, and it wouldn't focus properly for some reason!


The first band was called Armchair Committee and they were pretty good. I thought the bassist kinda looked like a young emo version of Graham Stark which was odd haha.


Next was Oxygen Thief. I'd seen him before a while ago but this was a full band set. While I enjoyed him last time, I enjoyed this time even more as it was heavier and suited the songs better in my opinion.


And then was Jim Lockey and the Solemn Sun!


They sounded great, there was a lot of singing along from the crowd, and as usual they stood in the middle of the crowd for Boat Song.

I bought their first album after the show from Jim as I hadn't bought it yet, although sadly the merch I wanted wasn't in stock in my size! I wish I'd bought something now anyway as there is no merch online right now, which is a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment