Friday 14 March 2014

Jack Whitehall in Cardiff

On the 12th of March I went to the Cardiff date of Jack Whitehall's tour with Rob!

Before the show we had a potter around the shops and ate at Chimichanga. BEST. FOOD. EVER. I had the veggie chimichanga and a few fries and onion rings, and we shared churros, which we'd been wanting to try for ages. I want to go back again and eat everything, but the meal cost us £35 (we usually eat in Wetherspoons for much cheaper!).

There was no warm-up act for the show, but there were sporadic videos to keep us entertained while we waiting. We ended up getting to our seats pretty early since all the info said that you wouldn't be allowed in if you were late. I have a feeling this was a lie. We were in the 7th row, so more than far enough away to not get picked on!


Honestly I have mixed feelings about the show. I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more back when I bought the tickets (waaaaaaaaaaaay back in February 2013!!). Not that I didn't enjoy it, but there were a lot of just not funny jokes. Like repeatedly returning to make jokes about a guy in the front row date raping women. An initial passing offensive remark may have got a laugh and cringe from me, but revisiting it over and over was just...no. And this wouldn't even fall into that category for me as rape is just never funny.

Also several times he messed up his (rather offensive) accents and forgot jokes and things, which was kinda unprofessional. I get that these things happen (I do it all the time!), but still.


I did enjoy the Lion King jokes (#pray4theking !!), but again some of the humour was just too juvenile. I think I lost my sense of humour or something.


But the stampede at the end was awesome! I wish I could have gotten photos, but it all happened the other side of the stage (the stage was in the centre of the room).

Would I go see him again? No. But I knew beforehand that I didn't appreciate his humour anymore, and it's not like I didn't like I didn't have a good time! Just the problem with buying tickets horrendously in advance. Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment