Monday 26 May 2014

Möngöl Hörde

After much waiting, and an almost complete loss of interest on my part, the Möngöl Hörde album was finally released today after being announced last week!


I actually received my copy on Saturday as I preordered it from Banquet Records, but I didn't get to listen to it at all until today anyway.

Honestly I was a little disappointed at first. The CD case is really fragile and was broken when I received it, and there is no booklet. I had also loved the song Casual Threats From Weekend Hardmen from the demo from last year, and the album version lacks a little pizzazz, in the same way that Biffy Clyro's Sounds Like Balloons was a disappointment on first album listen, but it'll probably be a grower.

As usual the lyrics made me laugh out loud in places, and I recognised most of the tracks from seeing them in Summer and watching the first gig set once way back. Stillborn Unicorn is the standout track to me, but then you can tell I like unicorns from the note that came with my copy!

Overall it's not a bad album at all, although it failed to fill the Million Dead-shaped hole in my soul. But then I would never have expected to!

Needless to say, I have also preordered vinyl and bought tickets for both the Bristol show AND Reading Festival...I hope I finally get to meet Frank Turner, although I'd definitely make an ass of myself!

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard about it before! It sounds interesting :))

    ReplyDelete