Tuesday 23 September 2014

Revelry Tea Party

I finally got to attend a big tea party! I was pretty excited about it since I hadn't been able to justify the extra costs in previous years.


I ended up waking up pretty early and most of the others stayed in bed late, so I had my yummy breakfast in the garden before getting ready!


I wasn't all that happy with my coord, but since Ruth and Monika were wearing Wonder Queen too I figured I'd throw something together. Bonnet, wristcuffs, & JSK are Angelic Pretty, headband is Wonder Box (that I only bought the day before!), blouse is my mum's from Tesco via a charity shop (all the class), socks are Primark, shoes are Bodyline, necklace Metamorphose, and rings from Patisserie Pink and Drop Dead.


The event was held at The RAG Army & Navy Club at Pall Mall, and it must have been the fanciest place I've ever been! The ceilings were stunning, there were beautiful paintings everywhere, and there was even a stuffed penguin!


There was a small-ish buffet and endless cups of tea, with us seated 8-10 around circular tables. It was quite cosy with all of our petticoats, but it was easy enough to chat to everyone and get more food! I ate far too many sweets though.


There were little postcards, magnets, and a badge for each person on the tables. There was also another raffle, in which I won the Swimmer stickers and some gorgeous Grimoire tights! I feel so lucky. Each of the guests also chose their favourite outfit of the day, and Lisa managed to catch someone's attention so we all cheered like fools for her!


After the tea party was over, we took lots of photos in the drawing room. This was our Frilly Flat group photo ♥


There was an afterparty too, so I changed into some Black Milk, Angelic Pretty tights, and NikeXHello Kitty sneakers for comfort.


The venue was the Roadhouse in Covent Garden, an American diner styled place with good cocktail deals early in the evening! There was a live band called White Clouds & Gunfire while we were there, and they were really good.


Sadly the music choice in the club wasn't all that good. I thought it was a rock club, but it was all Stereophonics type stuff and they didn't even have any Biffy Clyro. For shame!


We didn't stay too late which was a shame, but it was probably a good move since we had to finish packing and leave early the next day. I already miss London a ton, and hope I can afford to live there some day with some friends!

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome in both outfit shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh..I'm so jellyy~ >___<
    Would be amazing to attend something like that one day, but money is the problem. I'm glad you got to go and looking so pretty ❤ I adore red lolita outfits! ^-^

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time :) I think your outfit for the tea was just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete