Thursday 6 October 2016

BMC: State of the Art

Finally caught up! State of the Art as a collection did exactly what it says on the tin, really. There were a lot of gorgeous prints, but sadly literally everything was on cuts that don't work on me, so I kept it small (the exchange rate and BM's steadily increasing prices didn't help either).


My first order just had to be this - the Times of the Day Pocket Midi Dress. Mucha's art is so pretty, and while I was put off by the length, the release was midnight after my gran's birthday and I just KNOW she'd have loved this one. So I had to! And pockets are always a winner.


Unfortunately that means I missed my usual size in the Almond Blossom vs Starry Night Cap Sleeve Inside Out Dress. I was really worried about my shoulders fitting into the smaller size, and I must say I can't really lift my arms as it's tight across the back and the arms. However there's less wrinkling in the middle so I guess I should have been getting XS IODs all along, and I'm definitely glad I couldn't get S for this one as it's already so low cut! I'm not a fan of this cut at all! But I do like this side a lot more in person. The side pictured below I'm less of a fan of since the print makes it look like it's stained oddly when it's just paint texture haha.


I do regret passing up on the Winterscape Pocket Midi Skirt as it's stunning and perfect for Winter, but I just don't trust myself with white (especially since I live in the muddy countryside and it rains a lot here!). However I may be tempted by it again if it crops up in a future museum sale.

Halloween release will be the next to arrive, and I really can't wait as it was such a good release. And Halloween is always the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment